Tax day deadline has been extended to July 15. News release
- The library will have federal and state tax forms and instructions available during the tax season.
- The forms and instructions will be available in the hallway outside the library.
- The forms typically arrive in February and are kept through April. The tax forms in the hallway are free, but there is only a limited supply. If there are no forms left or available, we do keep a binder of the current tax forms/instructions in the library for anyone who would like to make copies ($.10/page or side).
Take the internet to go!
The library loans Wi-Fi Hotspots, which provide Internet access at home or on the go, and are compatible with most laptops, smartphones, and tablets.
Library cardholders, ages 18 and up, may borrow a Wi-Fi Hotspot for 14-day check out by placing a hold through the MORE catalog, or by contacting the library at 715-262-5555. You can connect your device anywhere the T-Mobile network provides coverage.
Tech Time is one-on-one technology training with a library staff member in a 45-minute session. You will get customized, individual, hands-on instruction to help answer your questions and solve your problems. You may bring your own laptop or device or use a library computer. To schedule an appointment stop by during our open hours or give us a call at 715-262-5555. These sessions are by appointment only.
What we can help with:
- Personal devices including tablets, e-readers, laptops, and smartphones
- Library resources such as the MORE Online catalog
- Digital downloads (Libby, OverDrive, Freading, Flipster)
- Microsoft Office programs (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Publisher)
- Web browsing
- Basic computer skills
- Retrieving or saving documents on a flashdrive/USB
What we are unable to help with:
- Hardware or software malfunction issues
- Viruses or computer security programs
- On-line shopping transactions
- Running diagnostics
Inter-Library Loans (ILLs)
Materials not held by the Prescott Public Library or the other MORE libraries may be available from another library. These inter-library loans will come from libraries outside the MORE library consortium. For assistance with inter-library loans, please us call at 715-262-5555 or stop in and ask the librarian at the circulation desk.
Mississippi Meeting Room
There is no charge for using the meeting room. Groups must fill out an application and bring it to the library before their meeting will be scheduled on the calendar. To fill out an application, stop in and ask the library staff for a form or download the Mississippi Room Application and the Prescott Public Library Meeting Room Policy, fill it out, and bring it in to the library. Call the library at 715-262-5555 for availability.
The library has public computers with internet access and Microsoft Office.
Sign into the computers using your library card from any MORE library. If you are an out-of-state resident, you may use a temporary guest pass.
- You will not be able to use the computers if your fines are over $10.00
- You are not allowed to download your own software or alter the current software on the computer
- Each person gets two hours of computer use per day (unless prior arrangements have been made)
The printer/copier accepts print jobs from the library’s public computers. The library has a coin-operated machine, which takes coins and dollar bills. If you would like to use your own paper, please ask the library staff for assistance.
- Black & white copies: $.10 per page or side
- Color copies: $.50 per page or side
To scan and save documents, you must have a flash-drive/USB. If you do not have one, we can provide a temporary one to transfer the documents to the computer or your email. Please ask the library staff for assistance. Scanning documents is free of charge.
Our library fax number is 715-262-4229.
- To Send: $.50 per page
- To Receive: $.10 per page
Toll-free or local numbers are free to send.
The fax machine does not send double-sided pages, so you may need to make copies for those or any odd sized pages.
For outgoing faxes, you will receive a confirmation page at the end.
Prescott Public Library
800 Borner Street North
Prescott, WI 54021