If you are a resident of Wisconsin, you are eligible for a free library card. Bring in the following to the library to apply:
- A Wisconsin drivers license or photo ID with your current address or
- Photo ID & proof of address (a bill, paycheck, lease, etc.)
- The charge for non-residents (out-of-state) is $25.00.
- The Prescott Library is part of the MORE library system, a group of libraries in west-central Wisconsin that share their collections. Library cards from the Prescott Public Library are valid at any participating MORE library.
A parent or legal guardian must co-sign the registration card, and is financially responsible for late fees, and fees for lost or damaged materials.
A patron who loses their card should notify the library as soon as possible to prevent fraudulent use of the card. There is a $1.00 charge for replacement cards.
By becoming a MORE library cardholder, you accept the following responsibilities:
- You agree to comply with the policies of each member library with which you do business.
- Any materials checked out on your card are your sole responsibility.
- You will promptly return all borrowed items by the due date or pay overdue charges.
- You will pay any replacement costs assessed for lost, unreturned or damaged materials.
- You will not lend your card to others.
- You will promptly report any changes in address.
- You will promptly report a lost or stolen card.
- You will obey the rules of behavior when visiting the library.
- If signing a library card for a juvenile, you accept responsibility for fines and charges on that child’s card and acknowledge that it is your responsibility, not the library’s, to monitor and approve a child’s choice of library materials and/or other information resources.
- You understand that you can request library records for your custodial child/ward under 16 years of age (WI ST 43.30).
- You understand that failure to act responsibly may result in the suspension of library borrowing and use privileges, and that failure to pay library fines or return materials may result in local and state criminal penalties.
Monday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Friday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Prescott Public Library
800 Borner Street North
Prescott, WI 54021
Subscribe to our e-newsletter