Borrowing Library Materials
|Can it be
(fiction and non-fiction)
|2 weeks||Yes, twice||$.10|
|Books||3 weeks||Yes, twice||$.10|
|Audio books||3 weeks||Yes, twice||$.10|
|Compact discs||3 weeks||Yes, twice||$.10|
|Magazines||1 week||Yes, twice||$.10|
|VHS Videos||1 week||Yes, twice||$.50|
|DVDs||1 week||Yes, twice||$.50|
|Wii Games||1 week||Yes, twice||$.50|
*Items that are on hold for other patrons or are on the reserve list can not be renewed.
†Other MORE libraries may charge different amounts for late fees on their items.
Returning Library Materials
- Materials must be returned by closing time on the day they are due or a fine will be charged.
- There is a library material drop box on the East side of the building by parking lot.
- You can return items from any of the MORE member libraries to the Prescott Public Library; you can return the Prescott Public Library’s items to any of the MORE member libraries.
How to Renew items
- Call the library at 715-262-5555 during business hours.
- Renew online using the MORE Online Catalog (www.more.lib.wi.us). Select My Account and sign in with your name and barcode; select the items you would like to renew and click Renew Marked or click Renew All.
- Renew over the phone with 1-866-MY RENEW (1-866-697-3639). You will need your library card number and the barcode number on each item.
Lost or Damaged Materials
- There is a 100% replacement cost for materials that are lost or destroyed that are still in print, plus a $5.00 administration fee.
- A $2.00 charge may be added for slight damage to items.
- A minimum of $10 will be charged for materials that are out of print.
- You will not be able to check-out, renew, or use the library’s public computers if your fines are over $10.00.
- You can pay your fines here at the library with cash or check.
- If you would like to pay with a credit card, log into your account on the MORE online catalog and select pay fines.